Forum

CT: :

6 acre max "Abandon Acre" suggestion

Posted April 24 2017 - 01:51
Suggestion: Since only being able to hold 6 acres was fixed so that we can't send them to other clan members to hold more than 6. A nice suggestion would be to add an "abandon acre" option to open slots back up to take other acres in more strategic locations as the game progresses.
Posted April 24 2017 - 04:46
There's already a workaround for this problem - gift your acre to a clan member and you have an empty acre slot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outright abandoning of an acre would leave it without any owner, which could cause glitches when someone else tries to capture it. Can't give it back to bandits as well since it'd require the game to spawn additional bandit troops which'll bring additional problems(no recognition of ownership if someone tries to capture an abandoned acre / spawning of additional bandit troops whenever an attack fails).

Also, this game works with scripts and logs maintained on server side. If a location is abandoned(without any owner, neither npc nor player) where will the resources/bonuses go ? They're set to be ignored if under NPC control, but no control would seriously mess up anyone's game who tries to control it afterwards(like the ignore system working even under player control, or the new owner getting all the accumulated profits at once).

Until a working solution is found for the above problems, there's only one way to deal with this.
Posted April 24 2017 - 22:06
It would be great if you could attack another acre when you have 6, but you only have 2 options - burn it down or gift it. Its frustrating to not be able to attack enemy acres without the gift and take back from clan member - just seems kinda pointless cuz then troops return home etc.
Posted April 25 2017 - 04:47
Burning down.... Still own it.
Gifting.... What about when your clan is full or those that play solo/smaller clans?
Posted April 25 2017 - 05:31
Burning down specifically means you destroy all buildings in the property. Its an alternative provided because there's no "destroy buildings" option for acres.

As for small clans and other problems....I won't be lecturing on how to play the game. Its solely the problems of the player.
Posted April 25 2017 - 07:04
*meh.. disregard*
Posted April 25 2017 - 13:33
- As I said....there's no connection with burning property and ownership.

- Again as I said...right now there's no option but it doesn't mean it won't be there in the future.

- All I am saying is that a workaround exists, so no one faces a problem immediately. I neither confirmed nor denied anything about this suggestion. Just because it's solvable doesn't mean in any way that it isn't relevant.

P.S. as for my above comment...I was referring to those who play solo/smaller clans or with full clans. What I meant was I wouldn't ask them to change their habits just for this solution to work.
Posted April 26 2017 - 01:43
Can you please downgrade the enmeys when you capture something. I mean not people i mean the npcs
Posted April 29 2017 - 18:11
[i am going to buy it]
Posted May 18 2017 - 16:42
Why has it said I reached my limit at only 4 acres?
Posted May 21 2017 - 15:02
We are working on a feature to abandon acre's for next round :)

Also a small tip if you find the amount of npc's to high, use special operations to reduce their numbers before capturing it.
Posted May 29 2017 - 00:32
Awesome, thank you Ronald for trying things out and willing to work around the issues created. That will add more options towards mid/late game when strategic placement becomes important, as well as just giving more variety of playable actions... And it'll help with being able to do things to fix the economy when it crashes. Members mortaring acres didn't seem to do much.