Forum

CT: :

Wildcard issue

Page 1 of 2    12

Posted December 20 2016 - 17:11
Hi everyone,

As some of you may have noticed there was a issue with researching wildcards. The player which encountered the issue has reported it and we have taken the extra wildcards away from him. We have checked all players and no other players have been able to abuse this glitch yet.

The bug has been fixed.

Greetings,
Ronald
Posted December 20 2016 - 18:20
No idea about this particular issue, but if I may ask, what is proper number of wildcards from one research then?
Posted December 20 2016 - 18:22
It should be just one.
Posted December 20 2016 - 18:44
Seriously one? But it would be no sense to waste 100k and 72 hours of waiting to get something what is in biggest part not worth such cost.
I think three is fair number.
Fact is that number of wildcards never was stable and as long as I play people got different number of it every round. Probably no one even cared about it because it looked like some intended thing.

Posted December 20 2016 - 19:06
yeah, insane number.
Posted December 20 2016 - 19:58
Lol! 16! Thats nuts, nuts are tasty! 8 instant attacks and refuel your force readnes. They can be very powerfull. I thought it was strange as I had seen people use 4 in a row.. early on, I just thought the news feed might be wrong..

Thanks for the fix
Posted December 20 2016 - 20:30
I think the wildcard research starts to bug when people resign their town in the beginning and restart again either for a better location or to change heroes or whatever. I feel there is a connection there because lots of guys in k3 ditched their first spot and the other spots that followed about 100 times before they settled with their final location on the map.... So it's no wonder they might end up with a huge number of wildcards imho.... I usually keep my first spot so I only ever got one with my research so I had no idea about this problem until now and I feel kind of jipped. :(

I could use some salty nuts right about now....
Posted December 20 2016 - 20:50
You are correct Kricket, that was exactly the case. Luckly it only worked for the wildcard research since the mechanics behind it are a bit different.

We have built in a couple of extra checks, that even if the bug might occur again somehow it will not be working and we have resolved the resign issue with research.

Posted December 21 2016 - 00:09
yes, so apparently mohawk has known and abused this bug for a while, good to know. when it said i had 16 wildcards i told noone but ronald bc i knew something was wrong. thankfully their are people like me who report things like this, and dont abuse them secretly. Welcome to the new K3.
Posted December 21 2016 - 01:01
Let's imagine for a minute that say you joined the round six months ago and every round over that period of time you researched a wild card you would get 2 or 3 of them. You would think this is normal and not a bug. That is the case with some players. 16 wildcards is quite obviously a bug.... It's a matter of perspective not a flaw in character.... before you attack loyal players chosen, get your facts straight.
Posted December 21 2016 - 01:32
With everything beside I just want to know how many wildcards we are getting per every time researched? If it's just one then it is all bu worthless, however if it's 2 or 3 then that would be more fare.
Posted December 21 2016 - 02:08
The facts are, i found bugs and reported them. I keep the facts straight and am helping fix the game by reporting them. Then other people abuse these bugs which is also a fact. How about you defend the game to help it.
Posted December 21 2016 - 03:04

Page 1 of 2    12